Our experienced mechanics at HP Automotive perform all repairs on car cooling systems. Whether your car is overheating, leaking coolant, losing pressure or any other problem, we can help. We use only quality parts and coolants for the long service life of your vehicle.
What is a cooling system?
Under normal working conditions, your car engine can develop high operating temperatures, not to mention the additional impact from external heat of the environment. Your car’s cooling system is a special arrangement of many different parts working together to keep your car at its correct working temperature for optimal efficiency.
The most essential cooling system parts are:
- Radiator: conducts heat out of coolant liquid and away from engine
- Radiator cap: pressurised cap increases the boiling point of coolant liquid
- Antifreeze: additive added in coolant to change freezing and boiling point
- Thermostat: measures temperature of liquids leaving the engine
How do I know I need a Cooling System Service?
As well as an overheating car, a temperature gauge that’s reading hotter than normal or a car leaving puddles behind means it is time to have your cooling system inspected by a professional.
Some of the signs and symptoms to look out for include:
- Car overheating (check the temperature gauge)
- A puddle of coolant leaking under your car (green-brown fluid)
- Vehicle slow to warm-up
To prevent your vehicle from overheating and potentially malfunctioning, contact HP Automotive today.